TEA takes a unique engineered approach to phytoremediation that we call EnPhySys℠. Typical phytoremediation systems simply rely on the vagaries of natural root development, which may limit the extent of the remedial effect. However, EnPhySys℠ incorporates a patented technology called the TreeWell® system. This system is unique in that it manipulates the vegetation by promoting aggressive root development to the targeted area of concern.
Advantages of EnPhySys℠
- Treats contaminated soil and groundwater to depths of 30 feet (or more)
- Affects plume migration by hydraulically controlling groundwater at depths of 30 feet (or more)
- Treats specific horizons of soil and groundwater
- Treats DNAPL and similar contaminants by combining remedial strategies, such as adding EZVI to the TreeWell® system
- Cost effective
- Environmentally friendly - aesthetically appealing
- Approved by regulatory agencies
- Appropriate for most geographical locations
- Easily quantifiable
- Quick results
- Innovative, yet proven "green" technology
TEA has implemented numerous engineered phytoremediation projects over the last ten years in the United States and Canada with outstanding results. The EnPhySys℠ system is a unique and highly adaptable approach to phytoremediation that optimizes the inherent advantages of plant-based remediation.